Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations - RIIHAN309F
This course is aimed at providing the necessary skills and knowledge to operate a telescopic materials handler (telehandler) safely and efficiently. The course is a mixture of in class theory, practical demonstration and assessment covering all aspect of operation including legislation; hazards and risk control; planning; pre-use inspections; load charts; load characteristics; attachments; safe operation; transport; reporting procedures; shut down and post operation checks.
* Perform pre-start, start-up and shutdown procedures
* Check controls, brakes and attachments for manoeuverability and serviceability and rectify or report faults
* Operate the telescopic materials handler
* Attach and secure appropriate lifting gear
* Shift the load
* Select, fit, test, use and remove attachments, which must be certified and approved in line with workplace procedures
* Transport the machine and equipment between work sites
* Park and secure equipment
– For persons with or without prior experience of telescopic materials handler operations.
– You must be free of any physical or medical condition that may affect the safe operation of a Telescopic Materials Handler.
– You must be able to read, write and communicate in the English Language to a level that would ensure safe operation in an Australian workplace.
– Practical activities conducted at PTC can expose personnel to similar hazards as experienced in the workplace and as such a high level of maturity is expected from our students. All students attending PTC should be at least 18 years old at the commencement of their training program.